Welcome!

Welcome to the WCMC Forum.

Please note: random and open discussions should be posted on our Facebook site, not the forum.

Car not starting!!!

More
8 months 4 weeks ago #806 by jessicapatel123
jessicapatel123 replied the topic: Car not starting!!!
The starter won't crank. If nothing happens when you turn the ignition key to the "Start" position, it means that the starter motor doesn't turn over the engine. Most commonly this could be caused by a dead battery and also new user.

regards
jessica patel

inspect assignment help uk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #219 by FRogers
FRogers replied the topic: Car not starting!!!
Have you removed and tested the Main relay? I have replaced this part more times than I can remember. Even if you can hear it clicking when you turn the ignition to on, it doesn't prove it's working. You have to remove it from the car and test it with a 9v battery and a volt meter. With a bad relay the car will crank all day and never start. It is located in the fuse/relay compartment under the hood near the firewall on the passenger side. It has a lock on one of the side legs that is a bear to release.

Frank
'05 MSM+

More
3 years 3 months ago #218 by 04MSM
04MSM created the topic: Car not starting!!!
:( Looking for some help. It's an '04 Mazdaspeed, 75k, stock. Cranks (a bit slow), lights & all accessories work, but isn't even trying to fire up. Had the timing belt replaced by the dealer 300 miles ago. Wife drove it about a mile after not starting it for a couple of weeks. Came back out of the store to this problem. I CAN smell fuel in the tailpipe & checked the #1 plug--clean and had spark when I cranked it with the plug touching a ground, although kinda yellow and didn't look very strong in a fairly dark garage. As far as I know the ignition & fuel systems are the same or very similar to a standard Miata. Anybody have a suggestion? I've got the battery on a charger now to try to get the voltage topped up.

Thanks,
Jeff

Moderators: imarcr2
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds
Go to top