Autocross Forum

How long have you been autocrossing?

More
4 years 11 months ago #156 by Abill10
I started in June of 2012 (Rookie status still). I raced my 2010 Subaru Impreza non-turbo for that year, and then in an effort to preserve my nice car, I went out and purchased a rusty 97 Golf GTI VR6. I raced that car last season, and will be out there again this season in the VW.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #139 by ScottA
I started back about when Mark did, though I don't have nearly as many runs as him. ;)

More
5 years 1 month ago #112 by Hirt
Started back in 1985, since then I've logged over 2500 runs

More
5 years 3 months ago #63 by Brian211
I got my start back in 2003 with the Chicago Region SCCA. I had a 1989 Mustang 5.0 5 speed with lowering springs and Nitto drag racing tires in the back. I got hooked once I switched cars to a WRX wagon and started going to a lot more events. Once I discovered the Miata (Liz's Miata actually) I became an autocross addict. Thanks WCMC :P

More
5 years 3 months ago #43 by mgseth529
I liked you better back in 08, busted shock, tire rubbing, beatable.

I started back in 2006 as well, after buying 94 Miata on a drunken ebay bid. Didn't even know what a Miata was or
autocross for that matter.
My son was turning 16 and I thought it would be a "good idea" to have a 5 speed.
In 2013 I went through 2 sets of tires and 5000 miles traveling to and from sites.
Still a good idea? You betcha.

Mark G

More
5 years 4 months ago #42 by Slider
I had to look it up, I didn't even remember. Started in 2006 with my 1990 Celica OEM suspension, front sway bar mount rusted through, pretty awful handling but I still found it pretty fun. It had minimal body roll

I started autocrossing the Miata in 2008, had suspension, good tires and alignment on it in 2009.

-Mike #46

-Mike
95 Miata #46

Moderators: imarcr2
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds