Autocross Forum

2014 Autocross Plans

More
4 years 8 months ago #202 by imarcr2
Replied by imarcr2 on topic 2014 Autocross Plans
Hopefully TSE finally delivers. Dan should be pretty good at swapping engines by now:)

I will be moonlighting with TriState this weekend, but will be back for event 3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #200 by FRogers
Replied by FRogers on topic 2014 Autocross Plans
You might have to wait a little bit longer... Lava went to the Dyno and is blowing chunks

So Dan is pulling it apart again to see what is going on. I got a bit of good news about TSE also. He said he thinks that the new engine should be on a pallet this week. We will see.

Anyone care to throw out a machine shop they have used recently? Name/number/contact would be great.

Frank

More
4 years 9 months ago #168 by imarcr2
Replied by imarcr2 on topic 2014 Autocross Plans
Bummer about TSE. I don't think I could ever afford a FM motor build or LS swap, but the fact they actually do what they say they are going to do for the price agreed upon in a reasonable time frame makes them the gold standard in the Miata world. We had sort of the same problem with Brant at BRP. Really nice guy, but made promises he couldn't meet. It was always the machine shop or powdercoater causing delays...at the end of the day you paid your money to ABC company so it is their responsibility to complete the job...the fact they sub-contract the work out is not an excuse that works with me anymore.

If I had to guess, TSE uses your money to complete someone's project in line ahead of you. Paying yesterdays bills with tomorrows money. Poor business plan, they almost never catch up

Glad you were able to get your existing motor rebuilt. Can't wait to compete against it:)

More
4 years 9 months ago #167 by FRogers
Replied by FRogers on topic 2014 Autocross Plans
Somehow all of this...

Equals this...

Dan did an amazing job. The car runs great. Balanced and smooth. No leaks and just needs to be driven to tune out the bumps. I am not sure if it will be completely ready for the Underground Open House, but it should be fun to throw on the dyno

Trackspeed Engineering has replaced Bell Engineering as my worst waste of money. New motor ordered 08-13-2013, estimated build time 12 weeks... We are now on week 34. Thanks Andrew for all the broken promises and a lighter wallet.

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #166 by Hirt
Replied by Hirt on topic 2014 Autocross Plans

mgseth529 wrote: Mr. Hirt , How do you think the msr will stack up against say something like Ted Juerns car ?
And thanks for taking the end of the season off.

One of Ted's cars was an MSR (now Bill's) as for the other... since it is/was and "evil/special car" it got moved to A street.

As for the MSR it will still do well locally and (after last weekends Tour) maybe nationally (course dependent) against the S2K and FRS Corvette which are the cars I deem to have in B street
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Hirt.

More
4 years 10 months ago #136 by mgseth529
Replied by mgseth529 on topic 2014 Autocross Plans
I will just keep driving my Neon with Blzzaks up front and all seasons in back, it has been a fuuun winter!!

Mr. Hirt , How do you think the msr will stack up against say something like Ted Juerns car ?
And thanks for taking the end of the season off.

Moderators: imarcr2
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds