Forum

WTB: 1.8 with VVT (01-04?)

More
6 years 4 months ago #115 by FRogers
Replied by FRogers on topic WTB: 1.8 with VVT (01-04?)
Dan has my MSM motor in a couple hundred little pieces right now. One of his questions is the rods. We thought they had 323GTX rods but they look different. He is researching what they were.

If you have any questions maybe give him a shout before he starts the reassembly. He might have parts for sale as well.

Frank
#75 '05 MSM+ (well maybe '-' at the moment)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #114 by Chiburbian
Bought that motor from Lukas. Thinking of doing a rods-only build this summer. We will see.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #104 by Chiburbian
I saw that and I have contacted him already. I prefer to get a VVT longblock though if I can. Do you think I could make enough money selling the old non-VVT head and stuff to offset purchase of a VVT head?

ETA: decided to buy it anyhow. Doing a build spreadsheet and it looks like it's going to cost far more than I expected.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Chiburbian.

More
6 years 5 months ago #102 by FRogers
Replied by FRogers on topic WTB: 1.8 with VVT (01-04?)
I am not sure this is within your price range... a fellow autocrosser is parting out his Mazdaspeed Miata. Looks like he wants $400 for the motor.

chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/pts/4310134151.html

Good luck
Frank
#75 '05 MSM+

More
6 years 5 months ago #101 by Chiburbian
I am hoping to start buying parts to do a "boost friendly" motor for my car and one of the things that I will eventually need is a block. I can use any year 1.8, but one with VVT means I can build it as a long-block and it will make the swap easier.

If you see anything that is a really great deal let me know.

Moderators: imarcr2
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds