Forum

Battery Replacement

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #991 by ka1541
Replied by ka1541 on topic Battery Replacement
I have a 2003 too, and have owned several NAs, which use the same battery.

I've had good luck with the Deka-East Penn AGM Miata battery. They are also sold as WestCo. I bought my most recent one from www.batterymart.com/p-12v-mazda-miata-battery.html . Try a Google search for "deka 8am-u1r" and you might find it for less. (watch for differences in shipping costs and warranty lengths)

AGM batteries have lasted several years for me. Tips: Never quick charge - 2amps max; and keep it fully charged, especially over winter. I installed the Schumacher SC1300 charger/maintainer (www.oreillyauto.com/search?q=sc1300) right alongside my battery, and plug it in whenever the car is parked for more than a few days.

-- Kenton

PS Take your old battery to O'Reilly for $10 store credit. 
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by ka1541. Reason: Add WestCo name, and O'Reilly's recycling credit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 days ago #990 by Sharks03
Battery Replacement was created by Sharks03
I need a battery for my 03 Shinsen. Was shocked at the $ quoted by local autoparts for a new one. I had an AGM battery that only lasted a couple of years - very p-o'ed about that. It's been checked correctly and it's junk and won't charge. Any suggestions are welcome. Any reconditioned or used batteries for sale?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: imarcr2
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds